Funko Pop! Movies: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings has already gotten its first teaser. And today a new Funko POP! collection inspired by the film has also been announced.
Scheduled to premiere this September, the film dedicated to the Kung Fu Master Shang-Chi will introduce the criminal organization known as The Ten Rings, as well as several new characters making their debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Get ready for the next installment of the MCU! The massive collectible line features 11 Pop Vinyls capturing characters straight from the film, which include:
- Shang-Chi – Razor Fist Funko Pop!
- Shang-Chi – Jiang Li Funko Pop!
- Shang-Chi – Wen Wu Funko Pop!
- Shang-Chi – Xialing Funko Pop!
- Shang-Chi – Katy Funko Pop!
- Shang-Chi – Shang-Chi Funko Pop!
- Shang-Chi – Shang-Chi (Action Pose) Funko Pop!
- Shang-Chi – The Great Protector 6-Inch Funko Pop!
- Shang-Chi – Death Dealer Funko Pop! – GameStop Exclusive
- Shang-Chi – Wenwu Funko Pop! – Walmart Exclusive
- Shang-Chi – Katy Funko Pop! – Target Exclusive
- Funko POP Keychain: Shang- Chi – Katy
- Funko POP Keychain: Shang- Chi – Shang- Chi
- Funko Vinyl SODA: Shang-Chi
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings pops are now available at the links below.
Conceived in the 1970s by Jim Starlin and Steve Englehart, Shang-Chi first appeared in Special Marvel Edition #15, an issue released in December 1973. Shang-Chi was created in the comics as the son of Fu Manchu, a literary character from which Marvel acquired the rights at the time.
Fu Manchu, a ruthless criminal genius, created Shang-Chi to be an extermination machine. However, the boy has always possessed a keen sense of justice, and as soon as he realized his father’s nefarious intentions, he decided to turn against him. Threatened, Fu Manchu hired several criminals to murder his son.
Many years later, Marvel lost the rights to Fu Manchu, and Shang-Chi was given an adaptation of his story. Now, we find out that the hero’s father figure is named Zheng Zu, a powerful immortal sorcerer. In Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, the character Wenwu (Tony Leung) promises to merge characteristics of Zheng Zu – formerly called Fu Manchu – and the supervillain Mandarin.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Want more stuff like this?
Get the best viral stories straight into your inbox!
Don’t worry, we don’t spam