Mezco Toyz: X-Men - Bishop One:12 Collective Action Figure
Lucas Bishop is back from the dystopian future as he joins his fellow mutants with the newest Mezco Toyz: X-Men – Bishop One:12 Collective Action Figure release.
Bishop is a time-traveling mutant, created in 1991 by John Byrne and Jim Lee. He quickly became one of the most important and mysterious characters of the series. Although he was initially a hero, he is now considered a villain and enemy of the X-Men.
He first appears as a member of Xavier’s Security Enforcers (XSE), a mutant police force from a dystopian future of the Marvel Universe. He travels to the 20th century and joins the X-Men, a team he knew only as legends.
This legendary time-traveler mutant comes with plenty of firepower and armor, along with 3 interchangeable head portraits, 8 interchangeable hands, a removable paludamentum, an energy cannon, energy blasters, detonator, grenades, and two blaster effects to really bring the heat. As you’ll see, you can really change up his look.
The X-Men Bishop One:12 Collective Action Figure features:
- One:12 Collective body with over 30 points of articulation
- 3x head portraits
- Hand-painted authentic detailing
- Approximately 6 1/2-inches tall
- 8x interchangeable hands
- 1x pair of fists (L&R)
- 1x canon holding hand (R)
- 1x blaster holding hand (R)
- 1x pair of posing hands (L&R)
- 1x pair of energy FX hands (L&R)
- X-Men issued suit
- Shoulder armor
- Fortified armored vest
- Utility belt with X-Men insignia
- Wrist gauntlets
- Thigh holster
- Thigh sheath
- Knee armor
- Shin armor
- Tactical boots
- 1x paludamentum (removable)
- 1x energy cannon (attaches to the holster on back) with three (3) removable magazines
- 1x energy blaster (fits in thigh holster)
- 1x energy smoke FX (attaches to hand)
- 1x energy blast FX (attaches to hand)
- 1x scimitar (fits in thigh sheath)
- 3x grenades (fits on utility belt)
- 1x detonator (fits in utility belt pouch)
- 1x One:12 Collective display base with logo
- 1x One:12 Collective adjustable display post
Each One:12 Collective Bishop figure is packaged in a collector-friendly box, designed with collectors in mind.
The 6-inch Marvel X-Men Bishop One:12 Collective Figure from Mezco Toyz is priced at $90.00 and can be found at the links below. Its release is scheduled for November 2021.
Bishop – The Wronged One
In the comics, Bishop is a mutant who travels to the past to join the X-Men in hopes of reversing the events of their dark future, which the Sentinels completely dominate. Bishop’s powers involve absorbing energy and releasing it upon the opponent.
Featured prominently in several comics stories, Bishop also played a role in the iconic X-Men animation of the 1990s. Unfortunately, the character only appeared once in the movies, during X-Men: Days of a Forgotten Future, and his participation was more than lackluster.
In X-Men: Days of Future Past, Bishop, played by actor Omar Sy, has the same powers as he does in the comics. In the movie, his consciousness is sent to a few days in the past to prevent an attack by Sentinels. After this, his participation in the film is almost nil.
In the end, X-Men: Days of Future Past fails even to show Bishop’s fate, which is not fully revealed in the final act of the feature. Yes, the Sentinel-dominated future has been erased, but what is Bishop’s role in this new future?