Funkoween 2022: E.T. 40th Anniversary Funko Pops!
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial 40th Anniversary Funko Pops (Funkoween 2022 release) are coming!
The pop figures can be found below (click to jump!)
When Steven Spielberg’s classic sci-fi film E.T. was released in 1982, it quickly became a Cultural Phenomenon. To this day, it remains one of the highest-grossing films of all time.
And this year marks the 40th anniversary of the release of Steven Spielberg’s classic film E.T. To celebrate, Funko has released a new line of pop figures in honor of the date.
The collection includes figures of E.T. himself, as well as his human friend Elliot, and the family dog, Gertie. The figures are detailed and accurate to the original film and will sure to be a hit with fans old and new.
Whether you’re a diehard fan of the movie or just looking for a fun nostalgic piece, these figures are a great way to celebrate one of the most iconic films of our time:
- E.T. 40 Years – E.T. in Robe Funko Pop! Vinyl Figure
- E.T. 40 Years – E.T. With Flowers Funko Pop! Vinyl Figure
- E.T. 40 Years – Elliott Funko Pop! Vinyl Figure
- E.T. 40 Years – Gertie Funko Pop! Vinyl Figure
- E.T. 40 Years – E.T. in Disguise Funko Pop! Vinyl Figure
- E.T. 40 Years – Elliott and E.T. Flying Glow-In-The-Dark (GITD) Funko Pop! Movie Moment Vinyl Figure
- E.T. 40 Years – Elliott and E.T. in Basket Bike Funko Pop! Movie Moment Vinyl Figure
- E.T. 40 Years – E.T. with Glow Heart Funko Pop! Vinyl Figure – Target Exclusive
- E.T. 40 Years – Funko Pop! & Tee: E.T. – E.T. with Reeses – Walmart Exclusive
E.T. Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures (Funkoween 2022) are now available for pre-order at the links below (click to jump!)
On June 11, 1982, Steven Spielberg’s E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial was released in theaters. The film tells the story of a young boy named Elliott who befriends an alien stranded on Earth.
Throughout the film, Elliott and his family help E.T. return home while also evading the government agents on their trail. E.T. was an instant classic, and it went on to become one of the highest-grossing films of all time.
Forty years later, the film remains just as popular as ever. In celebration of its anniversary, here are some fun facts about E.T.:
- The original script for E.T. was much darker in tone. In the original version, E.T. died at the film’s end and was resurrected by Elliott’s prayers. However, Spielberg decided to change the ending after test audiences reacted negatively to E.T.’s death.
- Legendary actress Debra Winger provided E.T.’s voice. Winger’s performance as Elliott’s mother, Mary, was also nominated for an Oscar.
- E.T. was not the only alien character in the film. The other aliens were played by actors in costume and were shot in silhouette to keep their appearance a secret.
- The now-famous scene where E.T. is riding on Elliott’s bike was initially supposed to be much longer. But unfortunately, the scene was cut down due to budget constraints.
- The prop department did not make the E.T. doll that can be seen in the film. Instead, it was a real toy that Spielberg’s daughter owned and brought to the set with her.
- E.T.’s home planet, Brodo Asogi, is named after two of Spielberg’s favorite foods: broccoli and asparagus.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Want more stuff like this?
Get the best viral stories straight into your inbox!
Don’t worry, we don’t spam